Youth Empowerment Association opens a call for 4 Macedonian youth workers for the online training course “How to establish a youth centre” taking place in 2 parts (29.03-02.04 & 06-09.04).
This project aims to provide participants with the know-how on how to initiate and maintain a youth centre which is running
daily youth work activities and how Erasmus+ program funding can help to assure better quality of daily youth work activities.
We will run a 9-day online training course on Zoom platform based on non-formal education methodologies. The
main elements of the training course program are:
• Building the learning group and learning atmosphere, Youthpass;
• Knowing the context or partner organisations, the context of youth work and understanding the users (young
people from sociological perspective);
• Principles and forms of youth work, analysing the need of youth work in my community;
• How to establish a youth center and cost-benefit analysis;
• Online study visits to youth centers and Department of youth affairs;
• Architecture, design principles – how to create youth-friendly public places;
• Developing infrastructure projects and advocacy of youth work;
• European solidarity corps and Mobility projects – how to use it in daily youth work;
• Dissemination of results and evaluation, Youthpass.
1. Analise different forms of youth work: open youth work, digital youth work, street / detached youth work,
mobile youth work and learn youth work principles, for participants to understand with youth work forms
suits their context the best.
2. Learn the main principles of youth friendly space design (architecture and interior design);
3. See the Lithuanian success stories: take part in educational study visits to see how youth centres in Lithuania
are established and managed.
4. Learn about different funding schemes of youth centres: privately funded, municipally funded, public –
private partnerships, project / program funding.
5. Find out how to use European Solidarity Corps and Erasmus+ program in daily activities of a youth centre.
Date: 29/03-02/04 & 06-09/04/2021
Profile of Participants: 4 youth workers (18+)
Participation Fee: None